Saturday 20 April 2013

After very little consideration ;) I have decided to start regularly writing in my blog. I haven't done so for quite awhile as I really have not felt the need to. Whether or not this has been depriving or saving people from the inner workings of my mind is yet to be seen. I have my regular inner deluge through my newspaper column, however because of restrictions I am somewhat oppressed with what I can or can not say. So let this blog be the uncensored me. Danger in the making.

I do not want my blog to be a thing of self promoting, where I thrust my literary offerings at you shamelessly like I do do on Facebook. This blog is just going to be the seepage of the cesspit that is my mind. So go light a candle as you will need it to navigate your way through my darkness.

My mind is on continual auto shuffle. I can never quite pin point it down to one topic. I see my mind as similar to that children's classic 'The Enchanted Wood' and 'The Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton. My body being the tree you can climb for yes many adventures, but once you reach the top and enter through the clouds into my mind - there is always something new revolving around in there and you better not stay too long or you might get stuck into whatever category I feel the need to pigeon hole you into.

Intelligence to me is without doubt the most important key to attraction for me. Followed closely behind by a sense of humor. Unfortunately Stephen Fry bats for the other side of the team so my ideal man is somewhat spoken for and not at least interested in my temptations or womanly wiles. ;)
My taste in men has never been exactly simple nor is it rocket science. I am complex and like every other facet of me - my appreciation of the opposite sex is - strange.
I am not the slightest bit attracted to 'eye candy.' I have never felt the need to swoon over the likes of Brad Pitt or whoever else is media governed as being hot.
You can look as good as you want - but if there is no one occupying upstairs - then there will be no bosom heaving or loin quivering on my behalf.

I don't feel a 'connection' often. I don't consider myself fickle or fussy. Though I believe every woman should develop a level of fussiness where it comes to who or what they are attracted to. But I understand that we are all quite different and what may float one person's boat would otherwise capsize and sink another's. We all have assorted levels of necessity and desires. Some people are happy with contentment - but to me contentment is 'Why have a chicken sandwich when you can have a chicken and salad sandwich.'
Perhaps that is one of my major faults - the idea that contentment breeds doom. Contentment to me might as well be defined as stagnant and festering. Yet is this ideal of mine costing me happiness?

I think too often 'relationships' are left to fend for themselves. We go along with our everyday routine and forget that a relationship is a living thing and like a house plant needs to be cared for and nurtured and not left to gather dust and eventually wither out and die. We put in to a relationship as much as we want to get out of it.
 'Being' with someone is more than going about life and its daily routines and necessities.
Truly 'being' with someone is remembering to take the time to appreciate, respect and nurture that relationship like it deserves. Never take love for granted, because yes love is wonderful but sometimes love is not enough.

And we have to ask ourselves (removing all the BS of being too busy) if we are not nurturing our relationships or appreciating what we have - do we really care for that person? 

Contentment is the predecessor for a stagnant rut, which will eventually manifest as resentment and possibly infidelity.

Remember to appreciate, captivate, mesmerize and nurture. Communicate, fascinate and respect.

Now I am feeling a touch queasy...  to quote HIM -

Love's the funeral of hearts
And an ode for cruelty
When angels cry blood
On flowers of evil in bloom


No comments:

Post a Comment